Adding custom domain to github pages
- Create CNAME in domain provider website (Bigrock, godaddy)
- Here I have taken domain from bigrock.
What is CNAME ?
- It is something like creating alias for your website.
- A Canonical Name record (abbreviated as CNAME record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS)
- used to specify that a domain name is an alias for another domain.
Adding CNAME for your Github page website
- Login to your DNS provider website
- Click on Manage DNS
Click on CNAME Records
Click on Add records
Host name: your domain
Value: your github page site URL
Here you can see CNAME which you have added
Now login to your Github account and Open your GitHub Repository and click on Setting
Give your custom domain name and click on save
Now if someone open your github page website it will redirect to your Custom Domain.