Different type of Database Models:
- Flat file data model
- Network Data Model
- Hierarchical data Model
- Relation data model
- Flat File Data Model:
- Data are stored in numerous files.
- Files are not linked so data might be repeated in more than one file.
- Big Problem in the redundancy
- Hierarchical Data Model:
- Data is linked in the form of tree
- This is 1: n relation where in single parent can have multiple children’s.
- Redundancy is eliminated.
- Searching a data is extremely difficult. Searching a particular data needs more time.
- Allows more links between the child data .
- There m: n relationship where in a single child can have multiple parents. Advantage
- Reduces Redundancy
- Searching is easier.
- Difficult to handle the Network.
- Relation Database Model:
- A relation Database is a collection of relation or ow dimensional tables
- It stores data in form of rows and columns.
- E F Codd proposed the relation model for database system in 1970.
- It is the basis for the relation database management system(RDBMS)