Where to Use
• Web Application frameworks
• Messaging middleware
• Servers for HTML5 multi-player games, or streaming audio/video
• Real time applications
• Cross-platform programs
• I/O intensive web applications
• Video streaming sites,
• Single-page applications
You can/should use Node.js for a number of reasons:
- If you like higher level abstraction then there is a large number of modules and the npm package manager where you can find wide range of ready-to-use applications.
- Fast/unencumbered development process – for example, you don’t need tons of additional tools in order to start
writing serious stuff.
- Big open source based community full of enthusiasts and very talented people. Made for creating real-time web oriented applications – that’s where the (near) future is.
Node js Feature
- A notable feature of node.js is that it is non-blocking – if one task stalls or pauses for an IO operation, another
can take over while it is idle.
- This allows for high efficiency as the program as a whole never has to idle and wait
for one task to finish. Libraries such as a sync take Advantage of this capability.
Link to Refer: