- There are four Major component of ODI
— Topology and
- ODI Studio offers an easy to use graphical user interface
- You can install this ODI studio in any operating system
1. Designer Navigator:
- In this layer we defines rules for data transformation and data integrity.
- Purpose of this layer is developing logic for data integration.
- In this layer we create Project, mapping,variable and sequences.
- Designer layer contains
— Load plan and scenario
— Global Object
- Operator manages and monitors data integration processes in production.
- After running odi Project we can see the status of Project whether Project is working Correctly or not and you can see Error if there is an Error in Project.
- Mainly This layer is used by Support People.
- This layer act as your information system.
- In this layer We define our Source system Exa. Database, file etc.
- This layer define physical and logical architecture of Infrastructure.
- Topology contains
— Physical Architecture
— Logical Architecture
— Generic action
- Security manages user profiles, roles and their privileges.
- Security can also assign access authorization to objects and features.
- Security administrators generally use this module.
- Master Repository
- Work Repository
- Repositories are the central component in ODI Architecture
- ODI Studio is the component used to access these ODI repositories
- ODI has agents (Java EE and Standalone) which are multi-threaded java programs provided by ODI to facilitate access to ODI from outside environment
- The Repository consists of one or more Master Repositories and typically several Work Repositories.
- Master Repository contain Topology and Security component.
- Work Repository Contain Designer and Operator.