• E F Codd proposed the relation model for database system in 1970.
• It is the basis for the relation database management system(RDBMS)
It Consists of following
• Collection of an objects and relation.
• Set of operators to act on the relations.
• Data Integrity for accuracy and consistency
• Data is stored in form of table.
• A relation database can also contain other database object like views, indexes,
stored, procedures, functions, and triggers apart from the table.
OS that creates and maintains database.
• Allows user to store and retrieves information from the database.
• Provides an interface for the user to interact with database.
Ex: Oracle Log: G stands for grid, Oracle log support grid computing
Some popular RDBMS Application
• SQL Server