Topology in ODI:
- This layer act as your information system. it is used to manage
infrastructure of your information system
- All the source and target systems involved in data integration are configured here
- In this layer We define our Source system like Database, file etc.
- This layer define physical and logical architecture of Infrastructure.
- Topology contains
— Physical Architecture
— Logical Architecture
— Generic action
- Physical and logical Architecture connected through context.
- Physical Architecture
- In topology we configure our source and target system through
data server and physical schema
- Data server contain connection detail like JDBC url,username and password.
How to create data server
1. Go to topology
2. Select appropriate Technology
3. Right click on Technology and select New data server.
Give proper name and provide your database username and password
(JNDI Connection is optional)
Set JDBC connection Url
In my case my database and ODI Application in same system so I use localhost
JDBC Url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/orcl
If your database Application in different system then specifies that system
Step 4: Before Saving Test connection detail whether Connection is successful
Just click On Test Connection it will prompt one window in that just
Here you can see Message “successful connection”
Now you can Save your data server detail.
Note: for every technology we create data server and for every data server
at least one physical schema should exist.
Physical Schema refers to the schema of source/targetSteps To create physical schemastep 1: Right click on data server and select new physical schema
step 2: Select source schema and target schema
Go to context and define logical schema
Note: This logical schema connected to physical schema through context.
So in Topology section we successfully define our source connection