Web URL Structure
Protocol: // domain : port / path ? query-string #Fragment-id
- Protocol is a communication language used between web browser and web server
To communicate with each other where protocol is set of rules.
- Commonly used protocol are:
— Http : it is default protocol
— Https : it is secure protocol
- It is computer name or ip address in which web application present.
- In URL it’s mandatory.
- Port number uniquely identified webserver application under which
Desire application present
- Default port number for http is 80 and for htpps 443.
- For Apache tomcat web server
Port number for http – 8080
Port number for https -8443
- In URL it is an optional information. if port number is not present then default
port number used , depending on the protocol present in the URL.
- Web Application is the collection of web resources.
- Path in web url is a complete path of the web resource at web application side
- It consists of the wen application name and resource file name in case of static web Resources and configured URL in case of Dynamic resources.
- In web URL it is optional information.
- Query String help us to pass information into servlet or JSP in
form of name=value pair.
- It’s an optional information and if it is present in URL then it Starts with ?
Followed by one or more value pair which Separated by &
- Fragment id uniquely identified particular section within a webpage.
- It is an optional information and if present it starts with # character followed byUnique identifier.